posted 18 Apr 2015, 14:35 by Gary van der Meer
updated 8 Sep 2016, 17:06
St. Anne's new initiative to welcome newcomers to Canada, to Toronto, and to St. Anne's. We call it English Coffee. Here's what we have for you:
- practise English: vocabulary, pronunciation, conversation skills
- learn and adapt to urban life in Toronto - cultural and social skills
- get introduced to Christian faith by participating in a church community and grow in your faith in God
- get some helpful volunteer experiences that will help you build a career in Toronto
- make new friends with Canadians and people from all over the world who make Toronto home
English Coffee includes joining in the weekly worship of our church, getting to know each other and making friends in our congregation. It also involves learning through occasional workshops following the Sunday church service. Our activities include movies and drama, cooking, bible study and discussion, field trips and hikes, and dinner get-togethers.
English Coffee Weekly Format:
- Join us 10:30 a.m. for worship in the Church.
- Join us at 11:45 a.m. in the Skey Room for refreshments and opportunities to practice conversation in English.
- Join us at 12:30 in the Ministry Centre (276 Gladstone Avenue) for occasional English Coffee workshops. We also have other occasional special events.
For more information, come for a visit!